Thursday, May 3, 2012

APPROACHING MY NEXT 30 YEARS






So my girlfriends and I have been reminiscing all week about our early twenties,and also planning a Vegas blowout in honor of us entering into our thirties. Don't get me wrong THESE WILL BE THE BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE!!! However, I would like to mourn the loss of one amazing decade and pay tribute to a time that can never be fabricated again in any of our lives.So, I recently have been talking with my girlfriends about our up and coming 30th birthday parties. I mean honestly so many song title run through my head when I think about approaching this age.

" I still remember when 30 was old"

"My next 30 years Im gonna settle all the scores, cry a little less....laugh a little more"

" We were wanna be rebels who didnt have a clue, with out rock n roll t-shirts and our typically bad attitudes"

"Only the Good die young...that's what they say"

"Gonna get right with the lord, or there will be hell to pay.....but I aint in no hurry today"

"My 18th summer I was a cocky up-and- comer.....cranking up born to run, turned left out the drive with the pistons open wide"

There are so many songs that remind us of what used to be. I think I would be lying if I said 30 didn't bring a sobering revelation that my youth is rapidly fleeting. I mean don't get me wrong, as much as I wouldn't change a thing I have been through.....I also wouldn't want to relive a lot of those what I like to call UNSTABLE years. However, I will tell you what I miss the most, and honestly from talking to different people.....what I think everyone misses to some degree. I like to call it my Free falling spirit. I mean think about it.....did a schedule ever even enter into our brains. I mean aside for the college classes we had to stick with.....but that never even seemed real to me the way life does now. I mean I was free falling, born to run, living on a pray, school's out for summer, footloose and fancy free! The furthest thing from my mind was that freedom would ever end. It is a beautiful thing that period of your life....you make your best friends, and your biggest mistakes. One of my favorite quotes....probably cause I am the type of person that  constantly has my foot in my mouth is " I make really big mistakes, but I also make really big comebacks". I think it took me the longest out of all of my friends, besides maybe a few right there with me ...... to grow up. Really I don't that as bad anymore.....I just took the longest to get my head out of the clouds and stop living on song lyrics;) Oh who am I kidding I still live on song lyrics.....the melody just changed:) So, as I approach my thirties.....I truly feel worn, tired, jaded, and skeptical......more so then I ever imagined 10 years ago when I entered into my 20's. However, I have become resilient, capable, strong, proud, and warm, and much more forgiving. My boss told me the other day as I just approached a new job.....I know you want to be at a level of your best already, but there is no way around the learning process you have to go through it. Well aint that the truth....they don't have quote upon quote about life being the Journey if it wasn't. I am looking forward to what lies ahead with tears in my eyes and so much appreciation of all I am leaving. One day my life will behold a husband, children, etc. .........I just want to give credit where credit is due. So with all of my girls we will say goodbye with a ever so respectful bash of a party......and honor the years that we will never have back, that shaped us into the beautiful disasters we are today. I will forever miss my twenties!!! There will not once be a time I reflect on you and my heart doesn't pound, or will I not be able to taste the adventure and freedom like it was yesterday!!  I made some of my best friends, learned what it was to laugh till you cry, how important your friends were when every boy broke your heart, I floated the river till Texas was in my soul, I was over zealous, poor as anyone could be, but completely and deliriously free. There will never be another time of such invincibility,but to me and my girls....my life savers, partners in crime, my refuge!!! Oh will we remember!

I think these two pictures describe the two decades perfectly.
























3 comments:

  1. It IS so crazy that we are turning 30! This past decade feels like it really flew by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful!! You said it so well sister!! You are a blessing in my life and always will be! 30s are going to be our best years yet!!!

    ReplyDelete